Skip to Content

Other Options for College Credit

Provide your Joint Services Transcript

As a veteran or service member, you may be able to receive college credit for your military experience, training, and service - saving you time and money to complete your degree.

By using the Veterans Education Transfer System (VETS), you can find out what academic credit is available from Minnesota State colleges and universities based on your military occupation. To see what credits are available based on your military courses please see Transferology.

Ask your academic advisor if you have any questions.

The American Council on Education (ACE) collaborates with the U.S. Department of Defense to review military training and experience and to recommend appropriate college credit. More information on ACE's credit recommendations appears in the ACE Military Guide.

To request your military transcripts be sent to your campus:

Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard - You may request your military transcript via the Joint Services Transcript portal. You will need to create a username and password or use a CAC login to access the site.

Request Air Force (CCAF) transcripts from their website.  Transcripts for Air University can be requested from their website.

taking exam